Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My Bosch vision 500 shows E27 error and would not unlock. JA:

Customer Question

My Bosch vision 500 shows E27 error and would not unlock.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: The machine went through a washing cycle, then there were several clicks, and E27 appeared on the screen The door would not open.
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Well, I guess if I wait long enough, the door will open; this happened before.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 7 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. Answer: That means there is an issue with the door lock. You would have to manually open it by removing the top and pull the release tab on the door latch, then replace the door latch on the unit and it will all be back to normal again. All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
How do I remove the top? Please, be more specific; I am not a mechanic
You need to remove the torx screws along the back top panel edge and slide the panel slightly back and lift it off.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sorry, this does not help. I do not have a view of the back panel, and only can feel the tor screws. But of course, none of the tor screwdrivers I have fit. I just wasted $28
I can only tell you what to do, if you do not have the tools nor knowledge to do this just call a tech out. Further I have been paid nothing I work through the site like you are doing and am not paid one penny unless you select a good star rating which I doubt that will happen just so you know. I understand you are frustrated, but it is late on Saturday night and I am trying to help you.