Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

On a Bosch front loading washer, I have an e13 error code,

Customer Question

On a Bosch front loading washer, I have an e13 error code, the door is locked and won't open
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I just sent you the text
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: That is it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. Answer: That is a blocked drain code. Either the drain pump is bad or the drain line or pump filter is blocked. Check the pump filter in the lower right hand corner of the unit for blockages. If all is clear you likely need a new drain pump and that is common. Not when taking the pump filter out use the drain tube which is the small rubber tube next to the large round pump filter cap to drain the water out of the unit before removing the cap or you will have a ton of water out of the machine. Also once the water is drained out if you start and quickly cancel a cycle the door will unlock. All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!