Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

Model 4287HARS. Ice is accumulating under the freezer drawer.

Customer Question

Model 4287HARS. Ice is accumulating under the freezer drawer. I have to pull very hard to get the drawer open. It has to to over the block of ice. I have removed the drawer and the is a couple on inches if ice in the back of the freezer compartment.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! The defrost drain is plugged and will need to be thawed out. The easiest way to do this is to unplug the appliance and leave the doors open for 24 hours. You can manually thaw it but it will require the entire freezer to be disassembled to get the rear access panel ff and gain access to the drain. I would strongly suggest a manual thaw with the doors open. Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!