John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company

Fridge wont come on in auto mode but will come on if I turn

Customer Question

Fridge wont come on in auto mode but will come on if I turn on the gas.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Hooked up to electric just tried to start up fridge.
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Works ok on gas
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.
Will you please send me the make and model number, so I can find the technical information I need to assist you? Thank you.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.
Thank you. I'll look for information on it, and I'll get back to you.
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.
Do you have a digital voltmeter, and are you acquainted with its use? If so, remove the electric power, and measure across pin J7 and J8. If you read no open circuit, reapply the electric power, and measure the pins again for the presence of 120 volts a.c. Please let me know what you find. Thank you.
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.
Do you need more help, before your request times out?
Expert:  John replied 5 months ago.
Please take a moment to use the expert's rating scale, found at the top of your screen, to click the star the reflects your satisfaction with my answer. I'm not paid, until you rate my service. Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.