Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

My Samsung electric dryer is giving me an "He" error code after

Customer Question

My Samsung electric dryer is giving me an "He" error code after running for about 10 minutes. when I open the door it appears to be overheating (very hot). What is wrong and can I fix it myself?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. Answer: That is a heating error either it is overheating due to a vent clogged issue or the thermister is out of range that control the temperature typically that causes that code. This is not a super simple fix and will require a bit of disassembly if it is a bad thermister and will require a ohm meter to check. So check the vent first and make sure it is clear to the outside and then decide whether you want to tackle the issue yourself or get a tech out. All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!