Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have an old ge microwave/convection oven that was installed

Customer Question

I have an old ge microwave/convection oven that was installed by sure appliance, and the home deport people cant figure out how to remove it to put the new one in...help or suggest a person who is compentent and I'll buy from them
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! Typically, there are screws at the top of the microwave in the cabinet above that screw down into the microwave's mounting nuts. Then, there may be a release lever behind the top grille (depending on the model. Once the screws are removed and the release lever pulled, the top will hinge slightly down and lift off the wall mount for removal. If you post the model number of the old microwave, I can check for certain regarding the release lever.