Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

Kenmore Series 80 dryer Model #100 72842100. Dryer gets hot

Customer Question

Kenmore Series 80 dryer Model #100 72842100. Dryer gets hot then goes cold. Vent flow okay. When turn off dryer and let it sit, it will get hot again when restarted.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. Answer: That would be a bad gas coil set, replace this part on the unit and you will be good to go. They will work a couple times typically after the unit cools off, but once the unit starts to heat they fail. CLICK HERE FOR PART AND VIDEO All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!