Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

JA: . What seems to be the problem? Customer: I

Customer Question

JA: Hello. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: I have Miele G880SC
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: all the lights are flashing
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: rinse and hold option works fine
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! If one cycle will work fine, the issue is related to the control. Turn the breaker off for at least 15 minutes to reset the control electronics. Any change when power is restored?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No, it didn't help.
I experience the same problem after the power recovery.
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
Okay, and the rinse and hold option still works fine, even though the light flash when it is not running?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Actually, now the problem is different: the drain light is on.
I took the dishwasher out. There is no water on the floor. Everything seems normal. The impeller seems to move properly.
What kind of an issue can it be?
And another question, I am thinking about buying a new dishwasher.
However, Miele dishwasher is 23.5 inches wide, when the standard size is 23.875 inches.
Are there specific brand names, which are still of an old size?
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
The intake/drain light comes on for one of three reasons.Poor drainageNo fillHeater pressure switch detects low pressure during washingIs there water that has not drained now? As for sizes, the standard opening is 24" wide. Are you limited to less than that?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yes, my dishwasher is tight enough and its width is 23.5 inches.
Yes, there is water which was not drained. What does it mean?
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
That is why the light is on. Is the filter clean? How about the hose connection to your home' s plumbing?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The filter is clean. The hose is connected to a gurburator slot. What is a good way to check whether the hose is clean?
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
Can you remove the hose from the disposal to check for blockages?