Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Have Samsung refrigerator RF25HMED, I can't take out the ice

Customer Question

Have Samsung refrigerator RF25HMED, I can't take out the ice tray
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: it is not producing ice, trying to check if there is a blockage but can't remove tray
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
You should just be able to grab the bottom of the bucket, pull up and forward firmly, and the bucket pulls out. If it's not, then there must be ice build up. You can try to heat up the bucket and below the bucket with a hair dryer for awhile and try to thaw any ice out that would be causing the bucket to stick, but other than that there isn't much you can do but pull on it and be a little more forceful.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?