John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

I have a 5 year old lg wave force. It's squeals when drum is

Customer Question

I have a 5 year old lg wave force. It's squeals when drum is turning and now trips the breaker right after starting. Help. Do we need new bearings? And how much will that run?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. What is the complete model number off the machine?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
WT5101HW. I think.
OK look in the tube between the agitator and inner tub for a coin is anything stuck there?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No. It is full of water right now because it tripped the switch after filling. Before that it was making the noise. We replaced the bottom agitator thing and everything was clear then.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Replaced the pulsation.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Can you tip it up against the wall and see if the lower stator hub is loose and see if it turns by hand, also check for any signs of water leakage. Let me know what you find.