John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

I have a wolf oven- 2 of the 6 surface burners are not wor

Customer Question

I have a wolf oven- 2 of the 6 surface burners are not working
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 7 months ago.
Are you getting an ignition spark, when you try to turn the burners on? Thank you.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No
Expert:  John replied 7 months ago.
I will find the technical information I need to assist you, and I'll get back to you. Thank you.
Expert:  John replied 7 months ago.
Will you please me the model number? Thank you.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I think I told you wrong information. We are getting an ignition spark. Model # *****
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sorry GR 366
Expert:  John replied 7 months ago.
Are you able to light the burners manually, when you turn the valves on?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No. I think I realize that I can light a match - my wife seems to think there is another solution. We are under warranty but I thought I would try out this service for a quicker response
Expert:  John replied 7 months ago.
Try cleaning out the gas orifice hole with a tooth pick. If that doesn't work, please notify the selling dealer or the company. Any DIY attempts at repair will void your warranty provisions. Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I don't see any part of the burner with a hole that I can clean with a toothpick
Expert:  John replied 7 months ago.
The gas orifice or jet, fits into the throat of the burner, through an air shutter plate. The burner must be removed to access it.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
My wife told me and my stepson who is a manager of a Corporate cafeteria that the orifice is under the burner and we can't get to it . So I guess we are done
Expert:  John replied 7 months ago.
Yes, I think so. It's best to now have an authorized service technician diagnose the problem, under the warranty coverage. Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.