John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

I have a wolf oven- 2 of the 6 surface burners are not wor

Customer Question

I have a wolf oven- 2 of the 6 surface burners are not working
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.
Are you getting an ignition spark, when you try to turn the burners on? Thank you.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.
I will find the technical information I need to assist you, and I'll get back to you. Thank you.
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.
Will you please me the model number? Thank you.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I think I told you wrong information. We are getting an ignition spark. Model # *****
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sorry GR 366
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.
Are you able to light the burners manually, when you turn the valves on?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No. I think I realize that I can light a match - my wife seems to think there is another solution. We are under warranty but I thought I would try out this service for a quicker response
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.
Try cleaning out the gas orifice hole with a tooth pick. If that doesn't work, please notify the selling dealer or the company. Any DIY attempts at repair will void your warranty provisions. Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I don't see any part of the burner with a hole that I can clean with a toothpick
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.
The gas orifice or jet, fits into the throat of the burner, through an air shutter plate. The burner must be removed to access it.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
My wife told me and my stepson who is a manager of a Corporate cafeteria that the orifice is under the burner and we can't get to it . So I guess we are done
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.
Yes, I think so. It's best to now have an authorized service technician diagnose the problem, under the warranty coverage. Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.