Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Ice is not falling out when it turns over md(###) ###-#####039;

Customer Question

ice is not falling out when it turns over md(###) ###-####0
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Good morning. I'll be helping you with your refrigerator today. My name is Tyler. The icemaker on this refrigerator uses a torque icemaker where the tray rotates and twist. This breaks the ice free and the ice dumps out into the bucket below. It sounds like the icemaker still rotates but it's not torquing. Whether that's due to the rotating motor not creating enough torque, or it's due to the plastic pin breaking off and not twisting the tray, the icemaker would need to be replaced to resolve this issue. The icemaker is part number AEQ72910409 and below is a link to the part you'd need to order for your model. CLICK HERE for icemaker We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
it doesn't do it all the time,
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
You can try to heat up the icemaker with a hair dryer in case there is ice building up not allowing it to rotate properly, but in the end of it rotates and won't dump the ice, the problem is the icemaker itself so it would need to be replaced.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok thanks that is how we were getting ice out
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
No problem but I'm sorry about the bad news.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?