Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I am changing a GE electric dryer from a 4 prong to a 3 prong

Customer Question

I am changing a GE electric dryer from a 4 prong to a 3 prong cord. I have the 4 cord off.
The center white wire was to go to the ground post. The problem is there is a white wire and a yellow wire both joined by a y connector. Do they both go to the ground screw?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
On the terminal block there are 3 posts, the center post is where the white wire should connect. Attached below is how you should wire the dryer. If the picture doesn't make sense, use the paper clip button above the text box and send me a picture of your terminal block on the back of the dryer and I can draw on it to show you how to wire it properly. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.