John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

My kitchen aid microwave KHMS2050SSS touch panel stopped working.

Customer Question

My kitchen aid microwave KHMS2050SSS touch panel stopped working. The microwave heated and functioned fine, but now the touchpad won't accept any inputs. It's like I'm not even touching it. Repair guy came and replaced BOTH boards in the door but that did nothing and he was unwilling to investigate any further (jerk). Any ideas from anyone else on how to get my touchpad working??
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 7 months ago.
I'll look for parts information, and I'll get back to you. Thank you.
Expert:  John replied 7 months ago.
The touch panel is connected to the control board by a ribbon connector. Disconnect the ribbon connector from the plug on the touch panel, and clean the connecting pins with nail polish remover or lacquer thinner. If cleaning the pins does not restore proper operation, replace the touch panel. Its part number is(###) ###-#### ***** its price is $151.00. You can purchase it at www.repairclinic.com.Using the expert rating stars, located at the top of your screen, please click the star that represents your satisfaction with my effort to assist you. Thank for choosing JustAnswer.