John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

My ge monogram control panel got reset so all the cycles are

Customer Question

my ge monogram control panel got reset so all the cycles are super long instead of a 15 min rinse and a one hour normal cycle now they are all super long like an hour rinse and 2 hour normal cycle. can i reset to original settings?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Anything else I can tell the Appliance Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: that is all
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 7 months ago.
Will you please send me the model number, so I can find the technical information I need to assist you? Thank you.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
ZDWR240PBS thank you!
Expert:  John replied 7 months ago.
Thank you. Do you see any error codes on the display?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
no error codes
Expert:  John replied 7 months ago.
OK. Thank you. Before considering parts replacement, please inspect the drain pump assembly, and the drain hose for debris that restricts the water from getting out of the tub normally. Clean any debris you find, and check to make sure the drain hose loop is higher than the normal water level in the tub. Please let me know what your find. If cleaning debris doesn't solve the problem, we'll pursue the solution further.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'm confused what this answer has to do with the control panel. doesn't seem to connect.
Expert:  John replied 7 months ago.
Since the washer completes its chosen cycles slowly, I think the controller is functioning properly.The slow operation is most likely being caused by the slow drainage of water from the tub, between wash, rinse, and spin functions.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
So the controller knows to change the time on the panel? It says the times before I start the cycke
Expert:  John replied 7 months ago.
The changes the functions from agitate to rinse to spin, when it receives a signal from a water level sensor, that the water has drained out of the tub.
Expert:  John replied 7 months ago.
If the water flow slows down, due to debris restrictions in the drain pump or hose, the controller takes longer to advance through the selected cycle. Sorry, I forgot to type the word controller at the beginning of my previous response.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you
Expert:  John replied 7 months ago.
You're welcome. Please let me know what you find, when you check the drain pump and hose.