Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

What is problem when fabric softener is not dispensed?

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
Good morning! I'll be helping you with your dispenser issue on your washer. First, check to make sure that your dispenser is draining properly and it isn't clogged. Clean out the dispenser and softener compartment. Pour a cup of water into the softener compartment quickly until it starts to overflow. It should then siphon the water out and if so that means the unit is definitely clean. If you run a cycle and you still have problems, you need to replace your cold water valve. This valve has 2 solenoids on it and 1 of them is for the detergent, the other is for softener and bleach. Replace the valve and you should be good to go again. It's the part that your cold water hose connects to on the back of your washer itself. CLICK HERE for valve Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?