Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have replaced the themal fuse in my kitchenaid dishwasher

Customer Question

i have replaced the themal fuse in my kitchenaid dishwasher at 5 times since purchasing it new. and now instead of the thermal fuse going bad it is now blowing my breaker.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: do you want more that what i just sent
JA: Anything else I can tell the Appliance Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: i can smell and hot smell in the control panel of the dish washer
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
ok i will get it
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
kuds30ixbl4
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.
Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
no i don't want to switch
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.
No worries, chat is fine. Thank you. That option is automatically offered, sorry for the confusion.
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.
I don't see any issues with overheating on this model. However, did you replace the wiring that came with the thermal fuses?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
yes every time
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.
That is very odd. Is the wiring in your home aluminum?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
it is all copper
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.
Great, thank you! Did you notice any discoloration on the control board the last time you were in there to replace the fuse?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
no i looked for that an there wasn't any
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
this is the first time to have it blow my breaker. the dishwasher is the only appliance on the breaker
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.
I would start at the connections where the power wires from your home join to the dishwasher's harness. A poor connection will increase resistance and resistance will cause heat. If those connections are good, I would look at the heater wires to make sure they are tight. If they are good, the main control at the door will likely need to be replaced. If you find no issue with the wiring or heater connections, you may want to give Kitchen Aid a call, they may be interested in this as a safety issue. If so, they will likely pay for a technician to come out and have a look. The control for your model is available below. The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY! CLICK HERE Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!