Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Whirlpool frig is pluged in with power and no light or compressor

Customer Question

whirlpool frig is pluged in with power and no light or compressor is working
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
model number is gd5shaxxt00
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.
Thank you! No interior lights at all and the outlet has been verified working?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
yes
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.
Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.
Is the fan inside the freezer running?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
the unit is dead and nothing is running or light at the door or working
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.
It is odd that the interior lights are not working because they are fed right from the line voltage, through only the door switch. The fact that the entire thing is dead is surely indicative of a main power issue. Do you have a meter to test voltage with?
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.
If you can verify 120 VAC to the refrigerator, I would replace the thermostat control, the most common part to fail. The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY! CLICK HERE Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!