John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

My freezer is not cooling and not making ice. The refrigerator

Customer Question

My freezer is not cooling and not making ice. The refrigerator part seems to be ok.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.
The model number is ***** to find specific technical information on your fridge. It's printed on an i.d. label that's located either on one of the doors or the door jam.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi John,Sorry about that. I have an LG #LFX28968 French door refrigerator with the freezer on the bottom and the icemaker in the door.Now the icemaker doesn't let me change the ice type from crushed to cubed and i had to set the freezer to -4 degrees in order to freeze the food in the top shelf of the freezer.Please help.
Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.
First, let's solve the temperature control problem. The temperature sensor needs to be replaced. Its part number is(###) ###-#### ***** its price is $10.00. You can purchase it at www.repairclinic.com. If you type the part number in the search box, and click the video link beneath the photo, you can view an instructional video on replacement.Using the expert's rating scale, located at the top of your screen, please click the star that best reflects your satisfaction with my effort to assist you. Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.