Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I put the control board and that you recommended and it

Customer Question

I put the control board and that you recommended and it stopped making the flapping noise opening and closing the ice door but now my ice maker does not work the temperature is cold 10° but no ice, there are ice cubes in the tray I believe but nothing is dumping into ice storage bin, and every once in a while (once a day maybe) I hear the ice door give a single "flop". Ice maker worked before control board was replaced. I have good water pressure and filter was changed a few months ago. Do I have a bad control board?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
The control board is unlikely to be the cause of your icemaker not functioning. If you ordered the correct control board for the serial number and it accepted your 4 digit code that was on the model tag inside the refrigerator then that should be all that is needed. If it's not making ice, that sounds like a different issue. I'd make sure you can blow through the water line that goes up to the icemaker to make sure it's not frozen to start, but other than that I'm not sure what could have caused the problem if it was working before.
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! If it is still clicking on its own, there is likely still an issue with the board. What part number did you install and what is your serial number? As for the ice maker, on the top of the cabinet is a small plastic cover. It os covering the fill tube for the ice maker. Is that fill tube frozen and hard or is it pliable?