Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Bosch SHX55M02UC/50 dishwasher. When I hit the power

Customer Question

I have a Bosch SHX55M02UC/50 dishwasher. When I hit the power button, the pump starts to run and will not shut off.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your dishwasher today. That being said, your dishwasher is in flood mode. When the dishwasher is in flood mode, it will drain all the time and do nothing else. Even when the door is open, it will continue running the drain motor. Only turning the power off on the control panel will stop the drain pump from running.Now as for what to look for when this issue occurs, you'll need to pull the dishwasher out and remove the screws going into the left side panel. Remove the left side panel and you'll see a styrofoam puck float sitting on the plastic base below the tub. If this puck is floating or a mouse came by and caused it to stick in the up position, this is what causes the dishwasher to go into flood mode and continuously drain.You will need to remove the left side panel, turn the power off to the dishwasher at the circuit breaker, and use a towel or wet vac to soak up all the water in order to reset the issue. If the water comes back, then you must run the dishwasher with both the left and right side panel removed and watch for a leak. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.