Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My maytag washer, centennial mvwc6eswwl, worked just fine this

Customer Question

My maytag washer, centennial mvwc6eswwl, worked just fine this morning, second load started just fine and then just stopped. Tried various changes on dial and will not start, it is a small load and is still filled mid way with water. We tried the plug and it is fine. What can I check or trouble shoot
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
So the first thing to check is the lid switch. This part will commonly stop the washer randomly mid cycle or not allow it to start if it doesn't think the lid is shut. There is a metal bar hanging from the left lid hinge that pushes up against the lid switch in the top panel of the washer. This bar will bend down over time and not hit the switch well creating a bad contact. You'll want to remove the out shell of the washer and bend this metal bar up just a little bit so it hits the lid switch better. Be sure to close the lid slowly after you bend the hinge bar in case you bent it too far and it wants to push up through the lid switch. If that is the case then bend the bar back down a bit more. Below is a video that shows you how to remove the outer shell of the washer so you can access the hinge bar under the top panel. CLICK HERE for video Other than that, turn the dial to drain and spin if you continue to have problems. If drain and spin always works, there is a sensor switch inside the control panel that fails often causing it to not fill or agitate properly so replace the sensor switch inside the control panel (the only one with a small rubber hose going to it with several wires). Other than that, if the spin and drain function is also affect, replace the main timer control. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.