Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair

My Fridgidaire front load washing machine, model GLTF2070DSO,

Customer Question

My Fridgidaire front load washing machine, model GLTF2070DSO, stops after wash cycle and dispoays error message F5. What to do? I bought it in 2004.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 6 months ago.
Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.F05 – This fault code indicates a possible problem with the keypads. One of the keys may be stuck or possibly the membrane connection to the control is faulty. This type of fault could be temporary or permanent. If this fault occurs, the control will stop the washer and display F05.Membrane Key Pad ProblemsIf the membrane switches or LEDs are not functioning correctly or are functioning erratically, check the connection of the Membrane Tail to the control for proper assembly. To release the ribbon tail, lift the connector block upward at each end about 1/8". The block will remain in place but the ribbon connection will be released. The darker lines side of the ribbon printed circuit must face the control and the connector block must be seated down in locked position for operation.If the ribbon cable is seated properly and everything looks good then the user interface will need to be replaced:the part is no longer being manufactured by the manufacturer but I did find a few on ebay for sale if you have to replace it - click here We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed. Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks! After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing. NOTE PLEASE READ: When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system. Thank You! Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.
Hi there,I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, if there is something else I can help you with follow up questions are free and can still be handled even after you rate the answer or did you just forget to rate the answer?
I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I can put this question on my completed list. Thank you for your immediate attention in takingcare of this. If you feel there is a reason you should not give me a rating or feel I deserve a negative please let me know.
just checking back in was there anything else I can help you with?