Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

When i set my oven to conv bake in few minutes it will auotmatically

Customer Question

when i set my oven to conv bake in few minutes it will auotmatically shut off and display f34. what is code f34 mean. can you tell me the problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.So I don't think these error codes are necessarily related unless you just installed the oven. The F34 means that the upper oven (only oven on a single oven) cooling fan isn't running properly, Now depending on how old your unit is, you may have "sail switches" mounted in the bottom vent below the bottom oven where the air blows out to sense the air flow, or it could be located on the back of your oven if it's not below the oven behind the vent. That would require you to uninstall the entire oven and remove the back sheet metal panel to look for the switch. If the cooling fans are running, then chances are this switch might be getting gunky from oils and dust over the years. You may try to clean them up or you may just need to replace the switch. The switch part number is ***** but it's no longer made since this unit is quite old. Below is a link to the switch you're looking for however. CLICK HERE for switch We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?