Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Good afternoon! I have cleaned out my dishwasher successfully

Customer Question

Good afternoon! I have cleaned out my dishwasher successfully in the past and went to do so again today. I dropped a screw into the sump housing, followed shortly by a magnet. Yep, when I do it, I do it big! What's the best way to get to inside of the sump housing? I've taken the kickplate off but am not sure how to proceed.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
So you will just need to take the pump apart from the top down to reach in so you can remove whatever you dropped down into the pump. This is a Maytag model dishwasher, but Whirpool bought out Maytag in 2006 so this unit is actually a Whirlpool design now. Either way, below is a video that shows you how to take the sump completely apart in order to remove and replace the disposal inside. Now of course you don't need to replace the disposal chopper, but you can do all the same steps to take the pump apart and remove the debris dropped into the sump. CLICK HERE for video We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?