Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

The power went out few hours the other day and

Customer Question

Hello
The power went out for a few hours the other day and when it came back on my LG refrigerator was making a loud noise and the control panel lights were blinking on and off. Turns out the noise was the flapper door for the ice. Nothing else worked. Tried unplugging to reset but no help. Any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Good morning and I'm sorry to hear about your issue with the refrigerator. Unfortunately your main control board shorted out from the power outage. This is not something you can just reset. The main control board is located on the back of the refrigerator behind an access panel so you'll need to pull the refrigerator out and unplug it to access the part. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order and replace which is about $120 or so. CLICK HERE for control board We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?