Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

MY LG WASHER IS GIVING ME A CODE OF 03 ( THE 3 IS BACKWARDS

Customer Question

MY LG WASHER IS GIVING ME A CODE OF 03 ( THE 3 IS BACKWARDS ) IT WILL NOT RUN ITS CICLES. IT STARTS AND THEN IT BEEPS 3 TIMES AND THE CODE COMES UP. wHAT DO I DO TO CLEAR IT ?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
Good afternoon! My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your washer today. The error you're getting is actually OE. OE means that the washer isn't draining properly. The first thing you need to do is check your drain catch for a clog. Open up the access panel in the lower corner on the front panel of your washer. You'll see a 3" diameter hand twist drain cap. Unscrew this and all the water from the tub will come flooding out so be ready with a wet vac or lot of towels. If you find a blockage then great, remove it and you should be good to go again. If not, you need to actually remove the drain pump and see if anything is jammed inside the pump itself. If you find nothing, then the drain pump will need to be replaced. To access the drain pump, you need to pull the washer forward and unplug it. Pull the dispenser drawer completely off the washer. Next, remove the 2 bolts coming in from the back of the top panel. The top panel will pull straight back, up, and off. Remove the screws coming in through the dispenser opening and the screws coming from the inside of the washer going into the control panel. There is one screw down at the filter catch you need to remove as well. The control panel will then pull up and out of the way. At this point, you just have a few screws going across the top of the front panel to remove. Open the door and you need to disconnect the rubber door gasket. There is a wire ring around the front lip of the rubber door gasket. Use a flat head screwdriver and pry the wire ring off the gasket. Now you can remove the front panel to access the drain pump located under the drum attached to the drain catch on the left side next to the left side panel. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?