Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Maytag Dishwasher Model MDB6769PAB. Lower rack cleans well.

Customer Question

Maytag Dishwasher Model MDB6769PAB. Lower rack cleans well. Upper rack does not. How to remove upper spray arm and clean it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
The upper wash arm has 1 screw coming in directly in the middle from the bottom. if you remove this screw then the arm should pull off so you can clean inside the arm and clear all the holes out with a toothpick. Other than that, there are 2 reasons why the bottom would still wash but the upper rack wouldn't wash well. Either you have a bad circulation pump and motor assembly or your disposal screen is getting clogged and needs to be cleaned out. Below is a link to a video that will show you how to clean out your disposal and take your pump apart. Now don't be confused by the videos. Whirlpool makes Maytag now which is why they are Whirlpool parts in the video. CLICK HERE for disposal screen removal If you clean out the screen and it still won't wash the dishes properly, then the entire circulation pump and motor assembly will need to be ordered and replaced, and that's a $150 part. Below is a link to a video that shows you how to replace the pump and motor if you wanted to do that CLICK HERE to see how to replace the circulation pump We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.