Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Frigidare MWV150KBA microwave. Power is on, clock

Customer Question

I have a Frigidare MWV150KBA microwave. Power is on, clock works, buttons do not work
How can I repair this
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
First, make sure the control panel isn't just locked. Press and hold the STOP/CANCEL button for 5 seconds to see if the touch control panel will reset. If that doesn't work, then unplug the microwave for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset. And if that still doesn't work, you need to replace the touch control panel which you can order in the link below. CLICK HERE for touch control panel We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
To remove the control panel for replacement, just unplug the microwave and remove the screws going into the vent panel above the door. Remove the vent panel and that will expose a screw above the control panel. Remove this screw and then the control panel will slide up 1 inch and pull off.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?