Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a ref model # ***** which runs warm all the time.

Customer Question

I have a ref model # ***** which runs warm all the time. The ref is set @ 33F and runs @ 45F. The freezer runs @ 20F and is set for 0F. The ice maker only runs at night and never works during normal use producing only 2 cycles of ice a night. The circuit boards have all been replaced as had the condenser to overcome the bi-metalism problem. The tech came back and adjusted the freon pressure saying it was too high. The problem went away for a few days and now has come back. The ref is in an A/c'd space, not garage etc. This is a replacement ref for one that was so bad it had to replaced. S/N K30513978
Jim Aaron
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
So I hate to say this but if you have a problem in both the refrigerator and the freezer section, you have a sealed system problem since this model is a split evaporator system. Unfortunately this model has been seeing tons of problem and almost every warranty technician I know dreads seeing them because they have freon leaks all over which are hard to track down. Either way, you either have a freon leak or the unit is over charged or something along the lines of the freon pressures not being correct. Many of these units are being exchanged with other units and it sounds like you've had to do that already once, but I don't have a lot of advice for you other than to try to call a different warranty company out for a second opinion. Maybe they can get the pressures correct. If not, Whirlpool will likely end up having to replace the unit once again. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?