Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

THERMADORE 6 BURNER AND GRIDDLE COOKTOP. LEFT REAR BURNER WILL

Customer Question

THERMADORE 6 BURNER AND GRIDDLE COOKTOP. LEFT REAR BURNER WILL NOT LIGHT BUT THE SPARK DOES WORK. IT IS A BURNER THAT HAS THE ON OFF SIMMER. THANKS GENE
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
If the spark still occurs but no gas is coming out, you either have a bad potentiometer or a bad simmer control module. You'd need to UNPLUG the unit or flip the circuit breaker off to the unit. Next, remove the control panel behind the knobs because you need to remove the plastic potentiometer that slides onto the gas valve shaft behind the knob. Swap it with the other potentiometer on the other simmer burner that is working. Re-assemble everything and if the problem switches to the other burner, you need to replace the faulty potentiometer. If not, then you need to replace the simmer control module. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?