Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Thermador cooktop model number: SGSX305FS/03: (1)

Customer Question

I have a Thermador cooktop model number: SGSX305FS/03:
(1) On 3 of the 5 burners, the burners are not igniting automatically. There is no clicking and no spark, so we have to use the match.
(2) On 2 of the 5 burners, there is not spark and there is no gas flowing to the burner. these 2 burners do not work at all. These 2 burners happen to be the Center burner and front left burner, these are the 2 that have the X-Lo feature on them.
How do I fix these problems?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
If you don't hear clicking or see sparking, the igniter switches known as the simmer potentiometer switch have failed for each of those burners. The switches slide over the shaft that the burner knobs are attached to. Unfortunately they are below the cooktop so you'll need to remove all the burner grates, knobs, and bases to pull the top cooktop panel off to access the switches for replacement. You'll need to order 3 part number 00611951. Below is a link to the part. CLICK HERE for switches We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?