Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Kitchen Aid Refrigerator model KFIS25XVMS2.. The refrigerator

Customer Question

Kitchen Aid Refrigerator model KFIS25XVMS2.. The refrigerator is is freezing corrected and will make ice, problem is the control panel on front nothing work except a blue led light that for auto light on the panel. all button when push will blink this light twice and will beep except for the water and the ice button which make no sound or will not blink the light. I change the control board(13053103sp) got the same respond from that board as above
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Good morning. So you're on the right track but unfortunately you replaced the wrong control board. The front display board is just a slave board to the main control board on the back of the refrigerator which actually controls the temperatures and fans and such. This main control board on the back will need to be ordered and replaced so below is a link to the part you'd need to order and replace for your model. The part number is ***** CLICK HERE for control board Now when you replace the board you will need to program the new board. To program the board: LL, UL and such are the 4 buttons around the display itself which are not labeled. LL is lower left. UR is upper right, LR is lower right. 1- Press and hold the Water Keypad2- Press and hold the LL Keypad At this point you're holding two keypads3- Release the Water Keypad and wait 3 seconds At this point you're still holding the LL keypad4- The control will display PE (Programming mode) release the LL keypad5- Press the LL Keypad once more6- The control will display the current program code7- If the code is correct, press and hold the Water Keypad for 3 seconds Press the UR keypad or LR keypad to change the digit value. The decimal point indicates the selected digit. Press the UL keypad to select the next digit.Once you have the correct program code entered, press and hold the LL keypad until the program code starts flashing. If you try to enter an invalid code it won't flash and the control will beep. If that's what happening try again We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The main control board (back of refrigerator) W10310240, that board was replace little over two months ago. Lets get a little more information about this board. what feed the power to to 13053103sp board? I am pretty handy with a meter just point me in the right direction
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Unfortunately it sounds like the board just went bad. Regardless of how long ago you replace it, it just needs to be replaced. This is not an issue you can test with a multimeter because the front dispenser is clearly getting power since the blue light turns on which means there is a communication issue between the two boards which is not testable. Power to the main board comes straight from the power cord on your house.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I don't think I going to spend another 250.00 for a board as another tech told me that I had a touch-pad bad. getting com-flicking advice, I just cut my losses and get another refrigerator
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
That's completely up to you but a touchpad would never cause the display to act that way. I can't explain why another technician would tell you something else, I can only tell you that my advice is correct.