Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

My washing machine just stopped after filling with water..

Customer Question

Hi, My washing machine just stopped after filling with water.. Thanks,***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Its a 10 yr old Kenmore; was working just fine, put the cloths in, turned it on; it filled with water, and apparently just stopped..
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. Answer: Normally this would indicate a lid switch failure. Check to see if the lid switch is working on the unit, if not you would need to replace it. A good test is set it to Spin and pull out the knob if nothing happens 99% chance the lid switch is defective. All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!