John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

My name is ***** *****, and our Microwave's door will not open

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****, and our Microwave's door will not open when we hit the button.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Not really. I don't know what model we have, but I know that it is a GE microwave oven.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok. I'm back.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Do you want a picture of our microwave oven?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
For reference?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Are you still there???
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! The model tag is around the opening behind the door. It will look like JVM1650ABC1. Can you post that number, please?