John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

I'm Spiro. My 424 sub zero wine cooler does not cool. The

Customer Question

Hi I'm Spiro. My 424 sub zero wine cooler does not cool. The temp sits around 75 degrees. When I set top and bottom temp, it goes to that point motors starts then it stops and goes back to 75. The unit is around 10 years old.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: Unit has worked fine since installed about 10 years ago. then the other day I noticed it was sitting at 75 up and down
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Phil replied 6 months ago.
Hello, so far it sounds like the condenser coils are clogged with lint... tell me about that, have you been cleaning it every year? It is also likely that the compressor is running hot and going off on its high temperature safety switch... or that the system is low on refrigerant. Tell me what you can about cleaning the condenser coil (a radiator like device located near the compressor near the bottom rear of the unit in most models. I need to know a lot about your technical skills level so that I can coach you most effectively. We can go from there