Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

GA-AMM I have a Whirlpool Duet HT washing machine and dryer. Both

Customer Question

I have a Whirlpool Duet HT washing machine and dryer. Both function normally. However, today (a second time now -- first time was a month or so ago), when I came to put clothes in the washing machine, I found it filled with water almost up to the door.
Both machines (washer and dryer) were turned off last week. The Dryer is dry inside. The washing machine had all the water.
Where is this water coming from? What do I do about it>
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
If the washer is filling up on it's own when it's not running, one of your electronic water valve is not sealing up properly and the valve needs to be replaced or it could result in a flood. The valve is the part on the back of the washer that your fill supply hose from your house connects to (on the washer itself). If you have a full model number I can look up the part number and give you a link to the part you'd need to order and replace for your model. The model number is ***** on a sticker just inside the door way. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?
Expert:  Miel-cssm replied 6 months ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 6 months ago.
Was there anything I could do for you?
Hi there,I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, if there is something else I can help you with follow up questions are free and can still be handled even after you rate the answer or did you just forget to rate the answer?