Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

How do I relight my oven pilot, GE model JGBP26WEH1WW?

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.
There actually is no pilot light on this oven. This oven uses a glow igniter which typically lasts about 6-8 years before it gets to weak to open the gas valve properly. The oven igniter is mounted to the bake burner below the floor inside the oven so you'll need to remove the floor inside the oven and work your way down until you can remove the burner so you can replace the igniter Below is a link to the igniter you'd need to order and replace for your model. CLICK HERE for oven igniter We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?