Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

There JA: . How can we be of help? Customer: i have

Customer Question

hi there
JA: Hi. How can we be of help?
Customer: i have a samsung dryer that starts for just a split second...i see the drum slightly turn, but then stops more or less immediately
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: i have a samsung dryer that starts for just a split second...i see the drum slightly turn, but then stops more or less immediately
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: i dont think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
If the dryer starts and then stops, you'll want to locate the belt switch down by the motor which is triggered by the tensioner pulley when the belt has tension. Unplug the dryer and put a jumper wire between the 2 wires going to the belt switch to bypass the switch. Run the dryer and see if it still stops after a split second. If so then your belt switch isn't cutting power to the motor which means your main control board has a bad relay and isn't holding power to the motor so the main relay control board will need to be replaced. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?