Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

Samsung fer rf217acbp leaking in crispers

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 9 months ago.
Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today. that means you have a stopped up defrost drain and the water is backing up into the refrigerator when it goes into defrost and melts the ice of the evaporator coil in the refrigerator. here is a video that will show you how to remove the panel to get to the defrost drain, once you get the panel off you will see at the bottom of the evaporator a metal plate and it will have a hole in it that is the drain you will need to unstop using a air hose or wire or a hollow tube that you can stick in the hole and blow in:Video click hereWe are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed. Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks! After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing. NOTE PLEASE READ: When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system. Thank You! Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
That is incorrect cleared defrost drain approx 30 days ago
you have water under the crispers or inside the crispers?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Cleared drain comes back approximate every 30 days
The defrost drain line should have a defrost drain clip already installed. If the defrost drain clip is installed already, it’s most likely the old style. The new style is about 3 inches longer and goes down the hole a bit farther to prevent the line from freezing over and water coming out into the crisper or onto the floor.You need to install the new version of the clip.click here for image
click here for clip
please don't forget to rate the answer before you leave this evening, thanks in advance.
Hi there,I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, is there something else I can help you with or did you just forget to rate the answer?