Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Kenmore refrigerator model #253.44353409 that is

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore refrigerator model #253.44353409 that is showing an error code of EF where the temp setting is displayed. The unit is cooling fine. I replaced the main control board back in January at your suggestion and that did not solve the problem. What else could be causing it to continue displaying this code?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Error EF means that the cooling fan inside the freezer isn't running up to speed for some reason. This may or may not affect cooling but you will need to replace the fan to remove the error or else the error will continue to occur and the fan will likely slow down enough to affect cooling eventually. Below is a link t the part you'd need to order and replace. CLICK HERE for evaporator fan motor We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
We replaced the fan before we replaced the main control board. Is there another possibility?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
There are no other possibilities other than a bad wire connection between the two and those run though the walls and floor so I would return both parts and get new ones since one of them likely came faulty. If you still get the error, it really isn't a repairable issue since you can't replace the wire harnesses through the walls and floors.