Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My washer drains so fast it drains back out of drain JA:

Customer Question

my washer drains so fast it drains back out of drain
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: i have a admiral aav7000aww that when it it drains it fills drain so fast water spills out of drain on to floor
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: nope
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Unfortunately this really isn't something you can alter that much on the washer. If the drain on your house can't handle the amount of water draining out causing it to back up, you should probably call a plumber and have the check out your drain line on your house that comes from the washer because it's not allowing it to drain quick enough. Other than that, you can connect something onto the end of your drain hose to decrease the diameter of the drain hose causing a bit more of a restriction so the water can't flow out quick enough but since there is really nothing designed by Maytag or Admiral to do this, you'd need to find something at a local hardware store that would works. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?