Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a maytag dishwasher less than 3 years old model MDB7749SBW1 Lights

Customer Question

I have a maytag dishwasher less than 3 years old model MDB7749SBW1
Lights come on and off randomally . unplugged several times may work once and then the lights go crazy . Mother board or chips in the handle ?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Unfortunately this is a fairly common issue with a lot of these newer Maytag and Whirlpool dishwashers and the problem isn't the control board, it's the touch control panel itself. The part has been re-designed and the new part number you need is W10475785. The steam from the dishwasher is typically what affects this panel and causes it to go crazy so the part was re-designed. The part costs about $130 or so and you'll just need to order and replace it to resolve the issue. If you're handy you can definitely replace the part yourself since it's all plug and play. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?