Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a glass top Jenn Air topJED8430BDB, cracked/broke the

Customer Question

I have a glass top Jenn Air topJED8430BDB, cracked/broke the top.
I will order a new top. How do I remove old/install new top.
Thank You
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Replacing this top is not easy I'm sorry to say. You will need to start by flipping the circuit breaker off to the cooktop on your house and disconnecting the vent below the cooktop going to the blower assembly below the cooktop. The entire cooktop must be uninstalled in order to remove the glass top so remove any brackets the installers may have put around the cooktop below the unit around the outside edge. Next, pull the cooktop straight up and out of the countertop and set it on a soft towel. Remove the center vent grille and unscrew the screws below the cooktop going through the vent cut out. Now just remove the screws below the outer lip of the cooktop all the way around and the top glass top will pull up and off so you can replace it. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?