Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Kfc-s22e-wms3 freezer door does not open

Customer Question

kfc-s22e-wms3 freezer door does not open
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Unfortunately the rack will freeze in the ice along the floor and won't pull out. You can keep trying to thaw the ice out with a hair dryer, but the reality is that you may just have to empty the refrigerator and then unplug the unit for 24 hours and allow the freezer to thaw out on it's own so you can open the drawer. Only ice build up can stop the drawer from pulling out unless one of the rails has jammed and if the rail has jammed, there is nothing you can do but force the door open so I'd give it 24 hours before you try something like that.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?