Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Wolfgang is my name. Wirlpool Duet Sport washer, 5d error

Customer Question

Hi, Wolfgang is my name. Wirlpool Duet Sport washer, 5d error and no more fast spin/drain. I'm about to check the filter and/or replace the pump.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: cycle completes and water doesn't drain, drum still turns but no fast spin. Yesterday it still drained but then I got the 5D code, nothing else.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Error Sd stands for "suds". It means that the washer isn't draining properly so even when the washer appears to be draining, it's apparently not draining as far as it needs to. This will stop the washer from going through the final spin. There is a drain catch inside the washer that you will want to access and clean if you're getting this drain error. To access the drain catch, tip the machine backwards and lean it against the wall at a 45 degree angle or so. Remove the 3 screws along the bottom of the lower front panel. The lower front panel will then pull down and off. There is a 3" diameter plastic twist cap directly under the tub mounted to the floor. This is your drain cap. Unscrew the cap and clear any debris inside the drain catch. If you find nothing and the drain hose is clear, replace your drain pump. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
wrong answer. Sorry but I managed to find the diagnostic instructions inside and machine and actually performed a test as recommended. F21 and F33 came up in past errors. After I had cleaned the strainer of the pump the error SD did not show in the past faults and the pump worked fine. However the door still did not unlock after all cycles. So I did the sequence recommended in the manual and it cleared up all faults. Fixed, expense: unfortunately $ 20 for your wrong advice. And please do not bill me for any other stuff. I am disappointed and will write about it.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
have a nice day.