Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Whirlpool two speed Automatic Washer, Model No.LSB6200KQO,

Customer Question

I have a Whirlpool two speed Automatic Washer, Model No.LSB6200KQO, Serial No.CMO225353, that is leaking, apparently from a white plasic housing (probably a pump) which is attached to the motor. There are two hoses attached to this housing. There is a thin plastic sheet on the bottom of the motor, and the water is dripping off this sheet. The plastic housing is above the plastic sheet, so it is impossible to determine exactly where the leak is. It leaks with water standing in the tub, regardless of whether the machine is working or not.
My questions: Is the leak probably in the white plastic housing, or somewhere else? If so, where, e.g. gasket other seal. Assuming it is in the housing, is that something I can buy and install myself? If so, where do I buy it.
Secondly, is the thin plactic sheet on the bottom of the motor necessary, or can I remove that to determine exactly where the leak originates?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
The leak is either coming from the drain pump itself, or it's coming from the main tub seal where the transmission shaft goes up through the button of the plastic outer tub. These are the 2 possibilities. There is a thin sheet that goes above the motor to protect the motor from water. If water is coming from above this sheet, you need to replace the main tub bearing. If not, then replace the pump. Below is a link to the pump you'd need to order for your model. CLICK HERE for pump We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?