Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a dacor Model#MRES30S y the range is lock, was

Customer Question

hello!
I have a dacor Model#MRES30S y the range is lock, was function perfectly 4 days before but i don't know why was locked.
I call for services and they tell me i need to call customer services for instruction how i unlock
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
The oven shouldn't even lock on it's own for no reason. It sounds like your door latch may have failed. Try turning the breaker off to the unit for 60 seconds to see if it will reset. When you turn the circuit breaker on go inside and push on the door and hold it for a minute or two in case it's rubbing on the door latch not letting it release. If that doesn't work, then try to set the self clean, wait 60 seconds and cancel it to see if that will reset the door latch assembly. If nothing resets the door lock, then you just need to manually open the door and replace the door latch assembly. It's not easy to manually unlock the door. You'll need to use a coat hanger and pull the latch assembly from RIGHT to LEFT by slipping it down between the door and the oven frame at the top. Force the latch over to the left and open the door, then you can remove the panel in front of the door latch and replace the latch assembly.Now I do want to also add that you may need something stronger than a coat hanger to manually open the door. If you have an "L-shaped" tool like a cotter pin puller or allen wrench, that might give you the added strength to be able to pull on the latch and release it. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sorry, is not the oven!!! is the glass top!!!!
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
OK if the cooktop is locked, you should just need to press and hold the button below the dacor label for 10 seconds to remove the control lock. If that doesn't work, flip the breaker off for 5 minutes and try again. If it still doesn't work, you need to order and replace the entire glass stop because the touchpad has failed and that's part of the entire glass top. Below attached is a picture of the button you need to press and hold. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Let me try to do it when i back home today.
How i can telling you what happened?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
There is an Email sent to you with a link to come back and respond or ask follow-up question later if you need once you have rated me.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
So sorry, but the problem doesnt fixed.
I nee to buy a new one. thanks anyway.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
I'm not sure what you mean, I explained that you would need to hold the button to unlock it or replace the cooktop. if it won't reset by holding the button then the cooktop just needs to be replaced. I can't control what fails any more than you can. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.