John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

Our refrigerator has stopped making ice, also the bottom of

Customer Question

Our refrigerator has stopped making ice, also the bottom of the freezer builds up with ice that I have to keep removing weekly. Any suggestions the Model # *****
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Good morning. If you open the door first, look at the red light to the right, is it flashing 2 times and then pausing over and over? If you shut the flap on the left side and make a clear path from right to left, does the light turn solid?OK, now look inside the icemaker itself, is there any ice or water in the icemaker mold? There are white fingers that push the ice out of the icemaker mold, what direction are they facing? Are they above the horizon or below? Pointing forward or backwards?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?