Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Can someone tell me how to install a thermostat (Part No.PS329884)

Customer Question

Can someone tell me how to install a thermostat (Part No.PS329884) in my Whirlpool Refrigerator (Model No, ED5VHEXVQ06)?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 11 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. Yes I can give you detailed instructions do you have tools?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yes, I have tools. The problem is that I will have to have my wife change the thermostat.
Oh ok...well here are the steps 1. Slip of the control knobs2. Use a thin screwdriver or putty knife and pop off the trim bezel start from the top edge about 1" in and pry it off.3. Once off you will see two 1/4" screws on the front and then if you stick your head inside the machine and look up at the ceiling you will see two more 1/4" screws. Remove all four and the console will drop down.4. Once down you will see the thermostat and it is just help in by two pry clips that you just need to bend and slip it straight up andout. Once out disconnect the wires to it. 5. Remove the single phillips screw on the plastic rail channel on the left side that guides the thermostat capillary tube to the damper.6. Remove the single screw on the damper cover that will be exposed from step 57. Once that cover is off you can pry off the thermostat capillary tube that is routed around the damper in a rectangular pattern in the mounting clips.8. Take out the old thermostat and slip off the plastic shield tube from the old capillary line.9. Spool out the new capillary line out so it is straight on the new thermostat.10. Use soap and spread it on the capillary tube and feed the sheathing from the old one onto the new capillary tube.11. Reinstall and route capillary tube around the damper and push in place. 12. Slip thermostat back in mounting slots and attach wires.13. Put console and covers back together All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. That is the only way I am credited...If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!